Saturday, July 27, 2013

Writing Out Loud

I have been quiet the last couple of months because I’ve sweated over what to write. I’ll think of an idea then I’ll let a day or two pass and so does the idea. Now here I am two months with nothing. I'm always scared of being redundant. I'm nervous that the content is boring or just irrelevant. Honestly I"ll look at other blogs and think theirs is so much more aesthetic or just more interesting. Finally, my husband asked me the question… what is the purpose of your blog? Who do you want to speak to and why? I think that question has weighed on me also.

What is my point? There are enough people consuming the blogoshpere with their thoughts and opinions. Why should I add to the pollution? It’s taken me two months to figure it out but I have figured it out.
I want to connect with a community of men and women on real life issues. I want to share. With that sharing I want us to cry, laugh and rejoice with one another. I don’t want to be the only one talking. I want you to subscribe and write back to me. I want to have a conversation. When you agree, when you disagree, when you’re just sick of my misspelled words and can’t continue without saying something. I want us to become familiar with each others names. I want us to feel comfortable asking questions and any one of us answer. I want us to respond to someone’s hurt by praying. I want us to be inspired to be a better people. So in essence I want an online community. My blog only posing as the catalyst to invoking thought, conversation and relationship. Most of blogs will contain a story of my past or present maybe even a day-dream or two of my future. I'd like for you to feel the freedom and grace to share your own stories.
Maybe I want too much from a blog. I’m given to being a bit needy. Just writing this has taken a lot from me. I’ve been watching this video by Sara Bareilles 


it’s my theme song right now. BRAVE… That’s what I want to be. I want to write. I’ve wanted to write since I was 12 years. I attempted to write my first book at 13 years old. I’ve always asked the question can I write well enough. Does anybody care what I have to say? Of course the age-old question of am I funny enough? After listening to this song over and over I’ve decided to just be Brave.
So let’s journey together. I’ll be transparent with you about my struggles and victories. Hopefully at the end we’ll all be a little more BRAVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment