Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Still In Love...

Still in Love with him
God and His amazing love and grace... Sadly, my life goes so quickly and busily that I don't always have time to quietly reflect on the sweetness of God. There are so many facets to Gods nature ranging from holy to omnipresent. So for me to stop and think on Him being sweet, it sounds crazy. However, today that's the part of God I was reminded of. My husband on the way out of the door turned around to plant a soft kiss on my lips and whisper "you are, amazing" I feel teary eyed even now at the thought of that moment. To some it may sound crazy that in that instance my affections where not just stirred for my husband but for my God. God in His wisdom and love chose my husband for me. God in His grace and mercy have given us two beautiful children. He's given me the desire of my heart.

When life is going great we can take God and our loved ones for granted. When things are difficult we can become irritated and disenchanted with God and our loved ones. Its not easy to give thanks to God in every season, for this is the will of God for us in Christ Jesus 1Thes. 5:18 Nevertheless, its a discipline I can now see more than ever is necessary. In every season there are glimpses of Gods sweetness. The moment when it seems the walls are closing in and yet you have peace you shouldn't. In the moments when  your doubled over in laughter in the midst of good food and good friends and yet you can inhale Gods kindness even in that moment. 

In our home we have a tradition at dinner for every person to say what was their high, their low and what they are grateful for in that day. There have been days that simple tradition has dragged me out of a deep funk. When a day has been hard and I can think of a myriad of lows. On the other hand finding one high is difficult and being grateful for anything is even harder. However, I do every time. Some days I've had to dig deep for it but i found it or it found me.

In essence  I pray that not matter what state we find ourselves in we can still sense the unchanging love of God and the gentle sweetness of His grace.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Keala,
    I love the way you write....never stop.
    I love you

    ReplyDelete